Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Quick and Easy Window Shade Update

Sofia has a pair of very old window shades in her bedroom.  They work, mostly, so I didn't want to get rid of them and spend more money on new ones.  They are, however, a little messed up.  Both had small holes in them and one was ripping.



So I used packing tape to fix the tear from behind and then glued some old and free rick-rack using Tacky glue.



You can see that I just ran a line of glue across the front of the shade and stuck the rick-rack to it.  I then trimmed off the ends.


I had to pull the shades out so that the rick-rack wouldn't slide off while the glue was still wet.  Once they were completely dried I was all done.  Easy-peasey!


Close up


2 comments:

  1. So clever Molly. Can't wait to see the entire finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dust and condensation build up is particularly common in humid Queensland, and comes from damaged seals. Simply installing a new sash does the job. Visit website

    ReplyDelete