Thursday, April 20, 2017

Preliminary Garden Work

This year I decided to try and start my seeds indoors again.  Last year I direct sowed after the last frost outside, but I'm hoping to actually get a pumpkin this year, and maybe even a watermelon, so I've started early inside.  I tried a new method where I laid the seeds on labeled paper towels and kept them damp for about a week.



I waited a while, but only a couple of types of seeds started sprouting.  I think that part of the problem is that the paper towels would dry out overnight.  So, I planted them in the used pots I got free on Craigslist and they started to grow like crazy.  I am waiting for three pots that aren't showing any progress, but everything else at least has sprouts.



Also, my little apple tree (which I still need to espalier) has a few blooms on it!


So stinking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment