In Sofi Sue's future bedroom the ceiling is very low. Because we are making a loft for her I am worried that she may somehow scrape herself on the bumpy ceiling. I would like to remove the popcorn, but Mom brought up the possibility of asbestos in the popcorn ceiling. So I have to get my house tested for asbestos, again! The first time we had to test linoleum in the dining room and basement. I had someone come out to the house to take the samples which cost a couple hundred dollars. The results were happily negative. This time I decided to go the cheaper route. I am collecting the sample myself and sending it in to a lab to get it tested. It only costs $30. First I sprayed the ceiling with water:
Then I used a box cutter to score a small square in the ceiling:
Then I scraped the inside of the square into a plastic bag:
I labeled the bag and sent it in on Friday. The lab is in California so it hasn't arrived there yet. I'll let you know the results when I get them!