I started out with something like a 2 1/2" pvc pipe before Tim pointed out that it was too fat for a hanger to hook over. So I went back and got a 1" pvc pipe instead.
First I shortened the metal clamps (I don't know the proper name for these things!) by bending them back and forth until they snapped.
I then primed and painted them the same color as the underside of the loft and wrapped them with yarn to make them prettier.
Then I screwed them into the underside of the loft.
You can see where some of the paint flaked off here. That happened when I had to bend the metal strip a bit to get it to sit right on the wood. I can always fix this with a little extra primer and paint later, but it isn't that noticeable so I may just leave it.
Then I sanded the writing off of the pvc pipe so that it would not look so junky.
I slid the pipe through the hangers and added a little glue to hopefully keep it in place. Done!
|Sofia's room is a bit of a mess right now, but hopefully soon I'll have it all cleared out and she can really use the under-loft area to hang out in.|
Molly, Sofi's room looks great! And her rug is adorable.ReplyDelete